2529 Devil Lake Rd, Westport, OntarioMLS®#: 1044316
- Property Value$149,900
- Property Address2529 Devil Lake Rd, Westport, Ontario, K0G 1X0, Canada
- TypeWaterfront Property
- Year Built2010
- Lot Frontage705 ft
- Lot Size Area2.50 acres
2529 Devil Lake Rd, Westport, Ontario, K0G 1X0, Canada
Nestled on a fabulous private 2.5 acre lot over looking the River of Devil Lake. This property is a Paradisical getaway with 705 feet of frontage on the River. Therapeutic sounds from the river along with the privacy makes this property feel like you are on a vacation every day. The lot has a large 2 level - 24 x 24 building with concrete floor that was built in 2010. Septic has been mapped out. Power line and pole located right at the road. High Speed Internet available along with cell service and cable TV or Satellite. This would be a great property to build a year round home or cottage. Present building could be finished as a garage with 2nd level bunkie. Short drive to Westport and less than an hour to Kingston.
Located only 20 minutes to the Village of Westport.
Westport is located at the west end of Upper Rideau Lake, at the head of the navigable Rideau Canal system. A public wharf on a man-made island has dock space for up to 30 vessels. Fees are charged according to the going rates along the Rideau System.
The harbour also has a picnic area, bbq's and sewage pump-out facilities.
Fisherman can try their luck in Upper Rideau Lake, Westport Lake, Sand Lake, and several other nearby lakes. Fishing is particularly good here because of the fish-rearing ponds set up by the provincial government 45 years ago. Perch, smallmouth bass, pickerel and pike populate the waters. ** Please note that you are not permitted to fish in the pond.
Harbour and Village Info: 613-273-2191
Visitor Welcome Centre & Chamber of Commerce: 613-273-2929
Rideau Canal Waterway: 613-283-5170 or 800-230-0016
Westport Airfield: 613-273-3290
Rideau Trail Hiking Association: 613-545-0823
It’s just a short walk from the harbour to the downtown core with its variety of unique shops displaying art-works, crafts, jewellery, clothing and furnishings. Accommodations are plentiful, with numerous cottages, lodges, tent and trailer parks and campgrounds. Westport has its own public beach and there’s one at Sand Lake, just west of the village, too. For a thrilling view of the entire basin, take the walk to the peak of Spy Rock. Or you might want to try a guided tour of Foley Mountain Park, the highest conservation area in the Rideau Valley, featuring a variety of wildlife in 600 acres of woods and fields, and a sandy beach. The 300 km Rideau Trail, linking Kingston to Ottawa, passes through the conservation area.
From Westport - Only a 40 minute drive from Hwy #401 at Kingston, and just 75 minutes from Ottawa. Westport has been a self-governing village since incorporation in 1904 with a population of about 700.
Top Reasons People Come To Westport
1. Eastern Ontario's Exciting Getaway Destination. Every year more and more people are finding Westport a great place to spend a weekend or a week.
2. Lots to see and do.
cross country skiing
4. Historic Architecture, Friendly, helpful people.
5. Beautiful scenery and wildlife watching. Day trips; 10-20 minutes to exciting and interesting sights, sounds and places in and around Westport.
6. Freshest air in Eastern Ontario - minimal noise. Open the window and sleep like you've never rested before.
7. Great food at the local restaurants ... the food tastes better out here.
8. On The Rideau Canal.
9. Unique gift shops and shopping experiences await you in Beautiful Westport.
Listing Provided By
Kelly Blair Real Estate Group
- Kelly A Blair
- Mobile: (613) 812-8867
- Office Phone: (613) 812-8867
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Realty Executives Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
- 18318 Highway 7
- Perth, Ontario
- K7H 3C6